This program is open to all handloom weavers who meet the following eligibility criteria.
- Age group of 18-30 years. (The upper limit can be relaxed up to 32 years for exceptional weavers.)
- Minimum academic qualification of Class 10th. (This can be relaxed for exceptional weavers up to 8th Class.)
- Ability to understand, read and write either Hindi or English. (We will honestly endeavour to establish an institution that can accommodate other vernacular languages in near future.)
- Presently earning their livelihood by weaving.
Please see also check the "Minimum Eligibility Questions" sections of the application form to ensure that you meet all the prerequisites of applying to the program.
The Handloom School is presently accepting applications for its ninth CDEM batch, scheduled to commence on April 21, 2019. The batch will have a six-month duration, ending on September 30, 2019. Young weavers who meet eligibility requirement should make a note of the following.
- Download and complete the application form below and send by email or post. Last date for receiving applications for the 9th Batch is 30th March, 2019.
- Incomplete applications cannot be accepted.
- Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by phone and asked to reply to certain basic weaving related questions, followed by an extensive telephonic interview.
- If the School feels the need for it, an applicant might be asked to attend multiple such interviews before a decision is taken on their selection.
- Some applicants might also be asked to appear for a personal interview round at The Handloom School campus, depending on the feasibility of conducting such an interview.
- Selected students will be informed by phone, email or post at least two weeks in advance.
Each CDEM batch accepts a maximum of 18 students
. There are 2 batches in a 12 month period, to train a maximum of 30 weavers a year.
You can download the Application form THS here. The Bengali version of the form can be downloaded here.
Fill in details carefully and share with us completed applications over email at email@example.com.
You can send the form by post. Postal address for sending the form is on our Contact Page.
Click here for a list of frequently asked questions regarding the program and admissions process.